Wednesday, May 31, 2017
The key date for Idaho Cowboys Association cardholders who want to enter the White Bird Rodeo is June 5, and callbacks will be June 6.
See enterup.biz or call the ICA office, 208-845-2051.
Rodeo fans and spectators can circle June 16-17, when the full slate of rodeo action will go at the arena near Twin Bridges, six miles south of White Bird. That Friday night, June 16, steer riding at 6:15 will wrap before the main event, which begins at 6:30. That Saturday, June 17, the stick horse racers will take the arena at 3 p.m., Mutton Bustin' will start at 3:45, steer riding will follow at 4:45 and the full rodeo is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. The rodeo goes along with the White Bird Days celebration, which starts that Saturday, June 17, at 7 a.m. with cowboy breakfast followed by the 11 a.m. parade and the art show and sale and live music downtown.
The Eh Capa Bareback Riders are back this year.
Rodeo tickets are $8 for adults, with those younger than 12 discounted to $6 and those 5 and younger admitted free.
Local entries are open June 8 until full, with events including team roping, youth barrels, steer riding and wild cow milking. Call 983-7701 to enter. For mutton bustin' entries, call 839-2500 on June 8.
Connect with the event through the White Bird Rodeo Facebook page or whitebirdrodeo.com.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)