Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Info sought on Idaho veterans’ monuments, memorials
The Idaho Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) has launched an effort to identify all Idaho monuments and memorials honoring the military and veterans.
IDVS is utilizing https://www.historypin.org/en/ and seeking assistance from the public and veterans’ service organizations to collect photos, history and stories regarding the many memorials throughout Idaho. Historypin.org is a free online site for people to share historical and contemporary photographs.
To participate, contact IDVS or view the instructional guide found at http://veterans.idaho.gov/memorials. To view the progress of this living history project, visit the collection at https://www.historypin.org/en/idaho-veterans-memorials.
City reminds residents to display house numbers
The City of Grangeville reminds residents to make sure their home address numbers are prominently displayed to ensure prompt response by emergency service providers, municipal work crews and for package/mail delivery. According to city code, all buildings fronting on all streets in city shall be numbered with plain, distinct figures not less than three inches in length placed upon some conspicuous portion of the front. Call city hall for information: 983-2851.
Idaho travel 511 app available through ITD
Traveler Information is available through an Idaho Transportation Department 511 smart-phone application (app). Links to download the free 511 app for both types of phone may be found on ITD’s 511 Travel Information page at 511.idaho.gov. The new app also may be downloaded through the iPhone and Android app stores.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)