Friday, June 16, 2017
How to Apply
Submit questions and/or communication of interest to:
DEQ Coeur d’Alene Regional Office
2110 Ironwood Parkway
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Phone: (208) 666-4607
The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is seeking candidates to fill several vacancies for the committee that advises the agency on crop residue burning issues on lands other than the five Indian reservations.
Applications will be accepted through June 28.
The committee is comprised of members appointed to four-year terms by DEQ’s director. Membership includes representatives of environmental, farming, health, and tribal organizations, along with DEQ, the Idaho State Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The committee meets annually to review the Idaho crop residue burning program’s procedures, evaluate program performance during the most recently concluded burn season, and make recommendations for changes to DEQ’s director for consideration.
The following positions are currently open: environmental organizations (3), central Idaho grower (1), and eastern Idaho grower (1).
To apply for a position on the committee, candidates should submit a letter or e-mail indicating why they are interested in serving on the committee and their qualifications.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)