Friday, June 16, 2017
How to Apply
Submit questions and/or communication of interest to:
DEQ Coeur d’Alene Regional Office
2110 Ironwood Parkway
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Phone: (208) 666-4607
The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is seeking candidates to fill several vacancies for the committee that advises the agency on crop residue burning issues on lands other than the five Indian reservations.
Applications will be accepted through June 28.
The committee is comprised of members appointed to four-year terms by DEQ’s director. Membership includes representatives of environmental, farming, health, and tribal organizations, along with DEQ, the Idaho State Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The committee meets annually to review the Idaho crop residue burning program’s procedures, evaluate program performance during the most recently concluded burn season, and make recommendations for changes to DEQ’s director for consideration.
The following positions are currently open: environmental organizations (3), central Idaho grower (1), and eastern Idaho grower (1).
To apply for a position on the committee, candidates should submit a letter or e-mail indicating why they are interested in serving on the committee and their qualifications.
More like this story
- Earthquake reported in western Idaho County
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)