Wednesday, June 14, 2017
GRANGEVILLE Veterans Center Flagpole dedication set for today, June 14
GRANGEVILLE — The public is invited to attend as the Veterans Center in Grangeville dedicates its new flagpole, which was erected as the Eagle Scout project of Kyle Alter. This Flag Day celebration will be held at noon on Wednesday, June 14.
July 12 airport ceremony to feature antique aircraft display
GRANGEVILLE – Following last year’s multi-million-dollar runway and taxiway reconstruction project, the Idaho County Airport will hold a grand reopening ceremony on July 12. The event is planned to include participation by the Puget Sound Antique Airplane Club, which will put an estimated 30 planes on static display.
Find the club online: https://www.psaac.org/.
Veterans of Vietnam War to be honored June 25
GRANGEVILLE — Veterans of the Vietnam War era (honorable service between Aug. 5, 1964, and May 7, 1975) are invited to attend a recognition day and welcome home ceremony Sunday, June 25. The day includes keynote speakers, a dedication ceremony, barbecue dinner and a live music “USO” show.
The event will take place at the Idaho County Veterans Outreach and Community Center, 318 East Main in Grangeville. Doors will open at noon with the ceremonies, speakers, dinner and entertainment to follow.
Veterans from all branches and eras of service, and their families, are encouraged to attend.
This event is sponsored by the Idaho County Veterans Association, VFW Crea-DeHaven Post 3520, American Legion Whitebird Post 152 and Grangeville Post 27. Special contributions were made by the Grangeville Lions Club and the Elks Lodge.
Donations to help fund this event and other veteran support programs can be made at the Veterans Outreach, weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For details call 983-9387.
Elks to host Flag Day commemoration
GRANGEVILLE – The public is invited to a Flag Day commemoration tonight, Wednesday, June 14, 6 p.m., at the Elks Lodge in Grangeville. Depending on the weather, the event may be held inside.
More like this story
- Veterans Center Flagpole dedication June 14
- Community Briefs: June 7, 2017
- Idaho County Veterans Center marks Flag Day with pole dedication, flag retirement ceremonies
- Operation ‘Thank you!’: June 25 event will honor Vietnam veterans
- Old Glory isn’t clothing... and other thoughts about Flag Day June 14
- Earthquake reported in western Idaho County
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)