Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Rodeo fans and spectators can circle June 16-17, when the full slate of rodeo action will go at the arena near Twin Bridges, six miles south of White Bird. That Friday night, June 16, steer riding at 6:15 p.m. will wrap before the main event, which begins at 6:30 p.m. That Saturday, June 17, the full rodeo is scheduled to start at 5 p.m.
The rodeo goes along with the White Bird Days celebration, which starts that Saturday, June 17, at 7 a.m. with cowboy breakfast followed by the 11 a.m. parade and the art show and sale and live music downtown.
Tickets are $8 for adults, with those younger than 12 discounted to $6 and those 5 and younger admitted free.
Connect with the event through the White Bird Rodeo Facebook page or whitebirdrodeo.com.
Idaho Cowboys Association cardholders who want to enter the White Bird Rodeo can still get signed up through enterup.biz. Call the ICA office, 208-845-2051 for information.
The White Bird draw posted Tuesday, June 6, listed no steer wrestling contestants, but three for bareback, three for tiedown, five for saddle bronc, 12 for breakaway, nine pairs for team roping, 14 for barrel racing, two for ranch bronc, five for bull riding, two for novice bareback, one for novice saddle bronc and two for novice bull riding. The Kamiah counts are similar.
Local entries are open June 8 until full by calling 983-7701 to enter. For mutton bustin' entries, call 839-2500 on June 8.
More like this story
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
- Lowell / Syringa News: Circus members take to the river
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)