Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Veterans’ service officer sets hours Tuesday, Jan. 10 in Grangeville
GRANGEVILLE – The Idaho Division of Veteran Services will have a veterans’ advocate in Grangeville on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., at the Idaho Department of Labor office on 305 North State Street.
The advocate will be available to veterans and their dependents for answering questions about benefits, assist with ongoing claims, and take new claims for filing with the Veterans Administration.
To schedule an appointment, call 750-3690. Walk-ins will only be seen as time allows.
VA counselor at Veterans Outreach Center Jan. 11
GRANGEVILLE — A post traumatic stress (PTS) / military sexual trauma (MST) counselor will be on site at the Idaho County Veterans Outreach and Community Center Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The service is provided to former service members by the Vet Center of Walla Walla which is an outreach of the Veterans Administration (VA).
Veterans do not need a referral to see the counselor but will need to register by Jan. 10 with the Veterans Center and provide proof of service such as VA or military identification or DD Form 214. For information and to register, stop by the center at 318 East Main in Grangeville or call 451-0085.
Idaho County Democrats set meeting Jan. 9
GRANGEVILLE — The Idaho County Democrats will hold their regular monthly meeting on Monday, Jan. 9, 6:30 p.m, at the Grangeville Senior Center on the truck route. Doors open at 6 p.m. The public is welcome to attend. Bring topics of concern to discuss.
For information contact Michelle Perdue, 983-3763, or find Idaho County Democrats on Facebook.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)