Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Veterans’ service rep. available Oct. 18
GRANGEVILLE – The Idaho Division of Veteran Services will have an advocate in Grangeville on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Idaho Department of Labor office, 305 N. State Street.
The advocate will be available to veterans and their dependents for the purpose of answering questions about veteran benefits, assist with ongoing claims, and take new claims for filing with the Veterans Administration.
Schedule an appointment at 750-3690. Walk-ins will only be seen as time allows.
Beware of phone scam on winning money
The Idaho County Sheriff’s Office advises residents to beware of a phone scam being reported in the region regarding money winnings. Prospective victims are being contacted by phone and told they have won $850,000, but that to receive the winnings they need to provide the caller money orders in the amount of $850 for processing and administrative fees.
Legitimate prize or sweepstakes awards do not charge fees to receive awards.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)