Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Veterans’ service rep. available Oct. 18
GRANGEVILLE – The Idaho Division of Veteran Services will have an advocate in Grangeville on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Idaho Department of Labor office, 305 N. State Street.
The advocate will be available to veterans and their dependents for the purpose of answering questions about veteran benefits, assist with ongoing claims, and take new claims for filing with the Veterans Administration.
Schedule an appointment at 750-3690. Walk-ins will only be seen as time allows.
Beware of phone scam on winning money
The Idaho County Sheriff’s Office advises residents to beware of a phone scam being reported in the region regarding money winnings. Prospective victims are being contacted by phone and told they have won $850,000, but that to receive the winnings they need to provide the caller money orders in the amount of $850 for processing and administrative fees.
Legitimate prize or sweepstakes awards do not charge fees to receive awards.
More like this story
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
- Lowell / Syringa News: Circus members take to the river
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)