Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Blood donation events in region during January
The American Red Cross has upcoming blood donation opportunities in the following area communities:
•Grangeville: Thursday, Jan. 5, Idaho National Guard Armory, 105 NE 4th Street, noon-5:45 p.m.
•Kooskia: Saturday, Jan. 7, Clearwater Valley High School, 26 S. Main Street, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
•Nezperce: Tuesday, Jan. 10, Nezperce Christian Church, 307 4th Street, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
County jail inmates help senior citizens
For the fifth year, the Idaho County Sheriff’s Inmate Worker Program assisted senior citizens in the Grangeville area by providing them with firewood.
This year the program was funded by Idaho Forest Group (IFG) as organized by Mac Lefebver. IFG donated two truckloads of logs and paid the transport costs a $5,000 estimated value. Inmate workers, jail staff and deputies cut the logs into approximately 28 cords of firewood. This wood was then distributed to area senior citizens through the Grangeville Senior Citizens Center.
The project began in 2011 with funding from a U.S. Forest Service RAC Grant. The succeeding years have been funded by grant funds and donations. According to Sheriff Doug Giddings, “It is our hope that we will be able to secure funding annually so we may continue this program and keep our senior citizens warm.”
More like this story
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
- Lowell / Syringa News: Circus members take to the river
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)