Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Saturday outage leaves Kooskia area powerless for seven hours
KOOSKIA – An equipment failure resulted in a seven-hour outage for Avista customers in the Kooskia area last Saturday, Dec. 10.
An Avista spokesman said 466 customers were affected, starting at 9:43 a.m., due to a breaker problem at the substation in the Kooskia area.
Holiday closures planned for Idaho County Recycling sites
Idaho County Recycling sites will have some upcoming holiday closures:
The Grangeville and Kooskia facilities will be closed Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve day), but will be open on Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve day).
The Cottonwood site will be closed Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
More like this story
- Power Down! Outages set for Riggins, July 12; Kooskia, July 13
- Thursday, Oct. 22, outage planned in Kamiah area
- Raccoon mischief results in Kooskia-area outage; zaps power to 1,018
- Power outage set Oct. 22 in Kamiah area for substation maintenance
- Grangeville, Elk City areas July 28 outage to last three hours
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)