Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Saturday outage leaves Kooskia area powerless for seven hours
KOOSKIA – An equipment failure resulted in a seven-hour outage for Avista customers in the Kooskia area last Saturday, Dec. 10.
An Avista spokesman said 466 customers were affected, starting at 9:43 a.m., due to a breaker problem at the substation in the Kooskia area.
Holiday closures planned for Idaho County Recycling sites
Idaho County Recycling sites will have some upcoming holiday closures:
The Grangeville and Kooskia facilities will be closed Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve day), but will be open on Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve day).
The Cottonwood site will be closed Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
More like this story
- Power Down! Outages set for Riggins, July 12; Kooskia, July 13
- Thursday, Oct. 22, outage planned in Kamiah area
- Raccoon mischief results in Kooskia-area outage; zaps power to 1,018
- Power outage set Oct. 22 in Kamiah area for substation maintenance
- Grangeville, Elk City areas July 28 outage to last three hours
- Genesee secures top seed
- Lutz, GHS girls finished ‘proud’
- Prairie ascends to second in WPL
- Playoff-bound Bulldogs on bye week
- IDFG seeks public help with poaching case
- Idaho looks to book coho records
- Steelhead harvest season opened Sunday, Oct. 15
- Snowhaven ski swap slated Nov. 17-18
- Bolan is new Ferdinand veterinarian
Neighborhood Experts: Idaho County Propane
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)