Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Public comment is due Aug. 31 on a Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests analysis of current national forest system roads.
The roads analysis will identify risks and benefits of forest system roads as they pertain to safe and efficient travel and the protection, management and use of the national forest. The roads analysis process is a science-based approach used to inform future road-related travel management decisions. According to the agency, the analysis is not a proposal or decision, but helps inform the public about possible future road management planning.
An interactive online mapping tool is available to help the public participate. Submit input at www.fs.usda.gov/nezperceclearwater.
Before any projects are implemented on the ground the public will have an opportunity to comment through the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process.
More like this story
- Genesee secures top seed
- Lutz, GHS girls finished ‘proud’
- Prairie ascends to second in WPL
- Playoff-bound Bulldogs on bye week
- IDFG seeks public help with poaching case
- Idaho looks to book coho records
- Steelhead harvest season opened Sunday, Oct. 15
- Snowhaven ski swap slated Nov. 17-18
- Bolan is new Ferdinand veterinarian
Neighborhood Experts: Idaho County Propane
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)