Wednesday, April 1, 2015
WHITE BIRD — Craigmont resident Kayleen Lowe was chosen as the 2015 White Bird Rodeo Queen following competition held Saturday, March 28.
Lowe, 17, a junior at Highland High School, is the daughter of Chad and Gail Lowe. She will represent the White Bird Rodeo that is scheduled for June 19-20 this year.
“White Bird Rodeo Queen has always been a life dream of mine,” Lowe wrote in her contestant submission, “because I have never missed a White Bird Days or the rodeo in the 17 years of my life.” Her family has been involved in the rodeo since it began in 1990, and she said she “would love to continue their dedication of representing the White Bird Rodeo.”
Lowe’s hobbies include horses, camping, fishing, hunting, basketball and volleyball; as well as involvement in 4-H and FFA. She was past reigning royalty for Winchester Days in 2012.
Also competing last Saturday for White Bird Rodeo Queen was Ila Rupp, 17, of Lucile.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)