Wednesday, May 28, 2014
COEUR D’ALENE – Sentencing is set Aug. 19 in federal court for a Kamiah man convicted this month on five counts of assaulting law enforcement officers during a 2012 incident.
Robert Wesley Warden, 49, was charged with assaulting a Kamiah marshal and two Nez Perce Tribal officers during a Sept. 15, 2012, investigation into a reported assault by the defendant on a woman in front of her child. At the trial, evidence was Warden refused to cooperate with law enforcement, and during his arrest he spit on officers and attempted to bite and kick them.
Warden elected to have the assault charged heard by the court, without a jury.
The court found the defendant’s allegation of lack of jurisdiction by the Kamiah Marshall’s Office was not a defense to the assault and that the KMO officer was reasonably there in response to a 911 call.
Each assault conviction is punishable by imprisonment for not more than six months, a fine of not more than $5000.
The case was investigated by the Kamiah Marshals Office, Nez Perce Tribal Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
More like this story
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
- Understanding lumbar spinal stenosis: Treatment methods explained
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)