Wednesday, May 21, 2014
CALDWELL — Horseshoe Bend’s Brittney Elliot navigated Prairie’s lineup as no southern pitcher has in a decade, shutting the Pirates out of the state championship game by a 10-0 score during the 1A softball semifinals last Saturday, May 17.
Including an 8-1 win she keyed the day before, Elliot scattered 11 hits during 12 innings against the Pirates, who hammered Notus 14-0 to advance to Saturday’s games.
With Elliot firing Friday, Genesee smashed Horseshoe Bend 11-2 to reach the title game. But Elliot solved the Bulldogs on Saturday, keying Horseshoe Bend’s 7-3 and 11-1 victories and breaking the Whitepine League’s run of consecutive state titles, which dates back to 2004.
Prairie won five softball championships during that stretch and reached the championship game in 10 consecutive years.
More like this story
- Rep. Labrador endorses Giddings for sheriff
- Steelhead anglers catching fish at a three-hour clip
- Hunters asked to report by phone; Internet reporting system remains offline after hack
- CV's District Titleist
- Frei reflects on senior season
- Rams stumble as Whitepine League playoff picture comes into focus
- District champion Savages headed to Bonneville; Pirates run through play-ins, en route to Rigby
- Vengeance a factor as GHS returns to McCall
- Grangeville’s season ends at play-in
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)