Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
- Lowell / Syringa News: Circus members take to the river
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)