Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Prairie sweeps 'Shootout'
- Bulldogs smoke McCall
- Significant weather event may start Saturday night
- Savages split Orofino double-header
- Court Records: District/magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- Organization news
- New home dedicated to fire victims
- Investigation continuing into Friday two-vehicle collision on Highway 95
- FNWCU funds splash parks
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)