Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands