Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Wonnacott setting his pace
- Youth waterfowl, pheasant seasons open soon
- Olsen places second overall at Seaport Invitational
- Salmon River girls win G’ville Tourney
- Passport program a boon for new hunters
- PHS crushes Council; Savages smash Wilder
- Is Idaho County squatchy?
- Bulldogs, Pirates go five sets
- Rams crush Timberline
- McCall QB Knudson’s big plays break Bulldogs; GHS offense to realign
Gonzaga University Concert Choir at Cottonwood, Sept. 2016
The Gonzaga University Concert Choir performed at the Monastery at St. Gertrude at Cottonwood on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. Here is an excerpt from that event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)