Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Community walks start April 1
- Lt. Governor declares Idaho, Lewis counties in state of emergency
- Runoff from heavy rains fill pool at Jerry Johnson rec site
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- CIAA celebrates founding member Eddie Olson
- Good legislative effort continues for sexual assault victims
- Salvage Idaho’s forest family
- Thanks to patrons for their levy ‘yes’ votes
South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection
Recording data of fish caught as part of the South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection, an Idaho Department of Fish and Game program that supplies steelhead to hatcheries at the Clearwater and Dworshak national hatcheries from anglers who volunteer to turn over their catch. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)