Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Identifying wildfire hazards to structures in Elk City
- SUNDAY: More rain in the forecast, but fires surged before yesterday's fell
- SATURDAY: stranded rafters escorted down from French Creek
- FRIDAY: Dixie-area Noble Fire forces evacuations in Cook Ranch, Mallard Creek
- THURSDAY: Fires have consumed 65,000 acres on USFS land so far
- WEDNESDAY: Tepee Springs fire puts Riggins, Pollock on notice
- Syringa still under threat of wildfire
- Summer is over
- Tempus Fugit: August 26, 2015
- Prairie ag ed program flourishing