Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Zumwalt tops Orofino tourney
- Boat registrations in the mail
- Lindsley throws C of I record
- Prairie girls throttle short-handed Genesee
- Dreadfulwater’s late three downs Genesee
- Morrow lifts CV
- Sports...in brief
- Over the river and through the woods: St. Mary’s brings care to Elk City
- It's Your Business: Robinson offering tires; credit unions host annual meetings
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)