Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Chief Lookingglass Pow-Wow is this weekend Event rescheduled from earlier date
- Idaho to add new area code
- Last week for pie at Syringa Cafe
- County authorized for CRP haying, grazing use
- Through the fire: A dome of protection
- Life Chain
- Faith Briefs
- GHS press box expanded: Ruhnke’s senior project praised
- Genesee 60, Clearwater Valley 20: Kick coverage costs Clearwater Valley
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge