Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Kamiah to visit league leader Genesee
- Lutz, GHS girls finished ‘proud’
- Prairie ascends to second in WPL
- Playoff-bound Bulldogs on bye week
- IDFG seeks public help with poaching case
- Idaho looks to book coho records
- Steelhead harvest season opened Sunday, Oct. 15
- Snowhaven ski swap slated Nov. 17-18
- Bolan is new Ferdinand veterinarian
Neighborhood Experts: Idaho County Propane
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)