Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Clear Creek Fire 100 percent contained at 457 acres
- Clear Creek fire estimated at 300 acres this morning; 100 on it today
- Private land struck by wildfire; IDL battling season's first significant fire
- Parks to join College of Idaho defensive backfield
- Football opportunity takes Lindsley to C. of I.
- Summer Days Are Fleeting
- Commission to meet Aug. 8 at Boise HQ
- Unbought controlled hunt tags slated for late-August drawing
- Austad is new Ida-Lew ED specialist
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)