Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- July 3 rodeo ‘Pink Out’ to raise cancer awareness, local funds
- Stanley Cup winner Cole coming to Border Days
- Seubert's Haul
- CV wrestling fund-raiser exceeds goal on $10K gift
- Rough, No Tumble
- Clearwater River fishery to stay open this week
- Sports...in brief
- Marek nabs bronc prize
- Grangeville Farmers’ Market to open July 2; Food stamps will be accepted at this year’s market
- Thanks to Larson’s