Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Training for the future: HOSA students fare well at annual state competition
- KHS kids all qualify for nationals
- Tar Wars Winner
- Student’s photo makes it to national competition
- Salmon River schools seek new community reader board
- Clearwater Valley students tour university
- Somewhere In Space
- Temous Fugit
- Dinner honors Syringa volunteers
- Riggins News: Eggebrecht is EMS director