Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Attorneys for Idaho County, Sheriff Doug Giddings and Undersheriff Jim Gorges have filed a request for a jury trial and a point-by-point denial of plaintiffs’ allegations in the civil suit following from an illegal sexual relationship between then-ICSO deputy Daniel Funderburg and a Kamiah-area minor teenage girl.
In 2013, Funderburg pleaded guilty and was sentenced for sexual battery of the 16 to 17-year-old; details on the civil complaint were reported in the Free Press May 7.
Beyond responding to the allegations, the county’s filing – dated May 8 and filed in U.S. District Court – puts forward 13 defenses. Among them: that “plaintiffs’ damages, if any, were caused by the negligence or fault of plaintiffs” and that the plaintiffs may have “failed to mitigate their damages.”
More like this story
- Ag Briefs
- Dist. 7 legislators honored by IFBF
- Spring produced ideal conditions for area ag
- Ventenata control field tour May 26 in Kamiah
- Health issue challenge for owners, authorities, conservationists
- Two U. of I. students missing, presumed drowned in Salmon River
- Does your AC need recharged? Gerad Poxleitner explains
- Prepare for wildfire: Green Acres talks Firewise
- Grace McMillion, 83
- Buy a sewing machine at Homegrown Quilts & get a gun