Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Attorneys for Idaho County, Sheriff Doug Giddings and Undersheriff Jim Gorges have filed a request for a jury trial and a point-by-point denial of plaintiffs’ allegations in the civil suit following from an illegal sexual relationship between then-ICSO deputy Daniel Funderburg and a Kamiah-area minor teenage girl.
In 2013, Funderburg pleaded guilty and was sentenced for sexual battery of the 16 to 17-year-old; details on the civil complaint were reported in the Free Press May 7.
Beyond responding to the allegations, the county’s filing – dated May 8 and filed in U.S. District Court – puts forward 13 defenses. Among them: that “plaintiffs’ damages, if any, were caused by the negligence or fault of plaintiffs” and that the plaintiffs may have “failed to mitigate their damages.”
More like this story
- Harvests In View
- All wheat, barley, oats stocks stored in Idaho up
- Northwest FCS market Snapshots show strong crops, varied returns
- NASS reporting wheat, barley oats production on July 1 conditions
- Farm Credit Services a helping hand to area farmers, ranchers
- 94 Grangeville swimmers set to compete Saturday
- Harris heading to Jamestown on QB scholarship
- Second deer tags will sell for full price this year
- Sports...in brief
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)