Wednesday, May 14, 2014
The GHS girls won the 3-2-1A District I-II title on the strength of points scored during the mixed doubles championship match last Friday and Saturday, May 9-10 at the LCSC tennis center and at Lewiston High School. The Kennedy-Wilkins tandem held off Clark Fork’s Wurm-Aguirre team to carry the first set 7-6 with a 7-2 tiebreaker. Kennedy and Wilkins won the second set 6-1, and along with it, the district’s mixed doubles title. The mixed doubles victory carried the GHS girls to the the team title with a total of 42.5 points. In girls doubles, Forsmann-Rockwell placed second to Clearwater Valley’s Shalynn Gutzman and Adrianne Nuxoll while Willig-Thanstrom and Conner-Kelley took third and fourth, respectively. Nuttman placed third in girls singles; Reigosa took second on the boys side, and Wyatt Thanstrom took fourth. Grangeville will compete in the 3-2-1A state tournament at Vallivue and Caldwell high schools this Friday and Saturday, May 16-17.
More like this story
- Texas man killed in auto accident
- Wonnacott setting his pace
- Youth waterfowl, pheasant seasons open soon
- Olsen places second overall at Seaport Invitational
- Salmon River girls win G’ville Tourney
- Passport program a boon for new hunters
- PHS crushes Council; Savages smash Wilder
- Is Idaho County squatchy?
- Bulldogs, Pirates go five sets
- Rams crush Timberline
Gonzaga University Concert Choir at Cottonwood, Sept. 2016
The Gonzaga University Concert Choir performed at the Monastery at St. Gertrude at Cottonwood on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. Here is an excerpt from that event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)