Wednesday, May 14, 2014
The GHS girls won the 3-2-1A District I-II title on the strength of points scored during the mixed doubles championship match last Friday and Saturday, May 9-10 at the LCSC tennis center and at Lewiston High School. The Kennedy-Wilkins tandem held off Clark Fork’s Wurm-Aguirre team to carry the first set 7-6 with a 7-2 tiebreaker. Kennedy and Wilkins won the second set 6-1, and along with it, the district’s mixed doubles title. The mixed doubles victory carried the GHS girls to the the team title with a total of 42.5 points. In girls doubles, Forsmann-Rockwell placed second to Clearwater Valley’s Shalynn Gutzman and Adrianne Nuxoll while Willig-Thanstrom and Conner-Kelley took third and fourth, respectively. Nuttman placed third in girls singles; Reigosa took second on the boys side, and Wyatt Thanstrom took fourth. Grangeville will compete in the 3-2-1A state tournament at Vallivue and Caldwell high schools this Friday and Saturday, May 16-17.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)