Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- Bulldogs to host McCall tonight at GHS
- Significant weather event may start Saturday night
- Savages split Orofino double-header
- Court Records: District/magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- Organization news
- New home dedicated to fire victims
- Investigation continuing into Friday two-vehicle collision on Highway 95
- FNWCU funds splash parks
- 4 Weeks of Christmas: Week One Winner
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)