Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- Ag Briefs
- Dist. 7 legislators honored by IFBF
- Spring produced ideal conditions for area ag
- Ventenata control field tour May 26 in Kamiah
- Health issue challenge for owners, authorities, conservationists
- Two U. of I. students missing, presumed drowned in Salmon River
- Does your AC need recharged? Gerad Poxleitner explains
- Prepare for wildfire: Green Acres talks Firewise
- Grace McMillion, 83
- Buy a sewing machine at Homegrown Quilts & get a gun