Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- Taxiway closure starts Tuesday, July 25, at the Idaho County Airport
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)