Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- Danly to join Walla Walla softball program
- Sports...in brief
- Bowling leagues starting up
- Farmers’ market asks customers to complete survey this Saturday
- It's Your Business: Stop by Hoene’s, win prizes
- In the News - Aug. 24, 2016
- Cottonwood News: Purchase ‘Mystery Night’ tickets now
- Riggins News: Fire continues to burn in Riggins
- Kooskia / Kamiah News: Kamiah Barbecue is town’s next big event
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)