Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- Training for the future: HOSA students fare well at annual state competition
- KHS kids all qualify for nationals
- Tar Wars Winner
- Student’s photo makes it to national competition
- Salmon River schools seek new community reader board
- Clearwater Valley students tour university
- Somewhere In Space
- Temous Fugit
- Dinner honors Syringa volunteers
- Riggins News: Eggebrecht is EMS director