Wednesday, May 7, 2014
LEWISTON — Grangeville’s stable of girls’ doubles teams squared off against opponents from farther north last Saturday, May 3, at Lewiston High School.
The tandem of Adrianne Nuxoll and Shalynn Gutzman of Clearwater Valley made short work of opponents from Coeur d’Alene Charter and will likely be the top seeded girls’ duo when the district tournament opens this Friday, May 9, at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
Grangeville’s No. 1 girls doubles pair, Lily Willig and Savannah Thanstrom, won their match 6-0, 6-2.
The other teams presented no equitable matchup for Grangeville’s No. 1 boys singles player, Fernando Reigosa, who wound up playing and defeating CV’s Zachary Baldwin 6-2, 6-4.
In mixed doubles, Garrett Kennedy and Taylor Wilkins beat a Deary duo 6-2, 6-4.
More like this story
- SATURDAY: stranded rafters escorted down from French Creek
- FRIDAY: Dixie-area Noble Fire forces evacuations in Cook Ranch, Mallard Creek
- THURSDAY: Fires have consumed 65,000 acres on USFS land so far
- WEDNESDAY: Tepee Springs fire puts Riggins, Pollock on notice
- Syringa still under threat of wildfire
- Summer is over
- Tempus Fugit: August 26, 2015
- Prairie ag ed program flourishing
- School, activities in session
- Awana starts Sept. 9