Wednesday, May 7, 2014
HARPSTER — May is finally here and so many things to celebrate this month: Mother’s Day, Armed Forces Day and Memorial Day. There is another one we are celebrating that is just for our community, and that is the Patriot Wall dedication ceremony. An open house is planned for Sunday, May 18, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at the Harpster community building. The new sign of additional area veterans is being dedicated and rededication of the original sign. Snacks and refreshments will be served. You are invited to bring any additional information that you would like to be included in the book of memories. This book contains a listing of veterans and has some interesting stories about some of them. You may want to browse through the book and see how much history has been collected for this tribute. Come join us in this salute to our veterans who have given their lives for America and those who are still among us.
Last time I asked the Harpster trivia question. How many different names did Harpster have before it was finally called Harpster? Some of the names were Bridgeport, Riverside and Brownsville before it was finally named after Abraham Harpster. Did you guess any of them correctly? I have lived for more than 20 years and I only knew two of them.
Reminder again about Harpster bingo is on the first Wednesday of the month. Bingo starts at 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- FRIDAY: Salmon River works over Sho-Ban
- Ferdinand workshop set Feb. 9 on soil health
- THURSDAY: Grangeville girls' regular season wraps up
- Grangeville Senior Fun Night Raffle Winners 2016
- Burglary suspect arrested at storage units
- WEDNESDAY: Grangeville to host CIL wrestlers
- TUESDAY: GHS tops Orofino
- Girls basketball tournaments set
- Presidents Day Weekend snow jamboree slated
- Groups seek grant to add ADA accessibility to Elk City’s new motorized recreation trailhead