Wednesday, May 7, 2014
HARPSTER — May is finally here and so many things to celebrate this month: Mother’s Day, Armed Forces Day and Memorial Day. There is another one we are celebrating that is just for our community, and that is the Patriot Wall dedication ceremony. An open house is planned for Sunday, May 18, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at the Harpster community building. The new sign of additional area veterans is being dedicated and rededication of the original sign. Snacks and refreshments will be served. You are invited to bring any additional information that you would like to be included in the book of memories. This book contains a listing of veterans and has some interesting stories about some of them. You may want to browse through the book and see how much history has been collected for this tribute. Come join us in this salute to our veterans who have given their lives for America and those who are still among us.
Last time I asked the Harpster trivia question. How many different names did Harpster have before it was finally called Harpster? Some of the names were Bridgeport, Riverside and Brownsville before it was finally named after Abraham Harpster. Did you guess any of them correctly? I have lived for more than 20 years and I only knew two of them.
Reminder again about Harpster bingo is on the first Wednesday of the month. Bingo starts at 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Wrestlers compete tonight in Cottonwood
- Series of snow events begins Thursday night
- Andrews take helm of Pleasant View Baptist
- Martin to make first profession Dec. 8
- Sister Mary’s Children fund-raiser a success
- Faith Briefs - Dec. 7, 2016
- Memorial program honors loved ones; Proceeds go to Syringa Hospice
- Holiday Happenings - Dec. 7, 2016
- Cottonwood News: Masses, concerts set at churches, schools
- Cornerstone Theater presents ‘A Christmas Carol’ Dec. 9-11
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)