Wednesday, March 26, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — Mountain View School District 244 is seeking a new trustee.
Zone 2 board member Keith Evans from Clearwater resigned effective this month. Evans will be moving to Lewiston. He has served on the board since 2007.
According to Idaho Code 33-504 the board declared a vacancy for zone 2 at the March 17 board meeting.
“Anyone wishing to apply for the position is invited to write a letter of interest to the board,” explained superintendent Kent Stokes.
Those who believe they live in the Zone 2 area (which covers Elk City on down into the Harpster and Clearwater areas) but are unsure can go to the sd244.org website and if they have access to Google can look up their residence and lay the district zone map over it to see in which zone they are located.
Following declaring the vacancy, the board has 90 days to appoint a replacement from within that zone.
“However, we would really like to get this done much sooner and get someone on board right away,” Stokes said.
The newly appointed trustee will assume office at the next regular meeting following the appointment and should take the oath of office at that time. Whomever is appointed serves the balance of the Zone 2 term which expires in 2015. At that time the appointee can file for candidacy if they choose to.
“On behalf of the school district, the board and myself, I want to thank Keith for his service,” Stokes said.
Letters of interest can be sent to: Kent Stokes, MVSD 244, 714 Jefferson St., Grangeville, ID 83530; 983-0990; firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands