Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Trustees for Mountain View School District 244 made the decision March 17 to stick to the status quo for 2014-15.
Board members voted at their regular monthly meeting to request a one-year $2,663,246 supplemental levy – the exact same amount as last year.
The levy election is scheduled for Tuesday, May 20.
“We’re trying to live within our means and we feel this is the needed amount to request,” said superintendent Kent Stokes. “The district won’t be getting as much in forest funds and we know at some point we’ll have to ask for more if the legislators don’t kick in more funding.”
Stokes said the board made the decision based on what they feel is needed to keep the school system running.
“If the levy weren’t to pass, it would be a shock to our programs – we would definitely have to make cuts,” Stokes said.
In 2013, patron’s voted yes on MVSD 244’s levy with 996 yes and 817 no (55 percent in favor).
Stokes, the school board and district business office personnel will be presenting levy informational meetings in each community, dates and times to be arranged. For questions call the district office at 983-0990.
Additional May 20 levies:
• Cottonwood Joint School District 242 will ask patrons to give the nod on a $350,000 levy.
Last year, the district’s $387,000 maintenance and operations levy passed with 241 yes and 108 no votes (69 percent favor).
• Salmon River Joint School District in Riggins will also ask for the same amount as last year: $545,000.
Last year patrons said yes to 243’s levy 222 yes votes to 82 no (73 percent in favor).
More like this story
- Lt. Governor declares Idaho, Lewis counties in state of emergency
- Runoff from heavy rains fill pool at Jerry Johnson rec site
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- CIAA celebrates founding member Eddie Olson
- Good legislative effort continues for sexual assault victims
- Salvage Idaho’s forest family
- Thanks to patrons for their levy ‘yes’ votes
- Where to find ‘big’ money? The FAIRtax
South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection
Recording data of fish caught as part of the South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection, an Idaho Department of Fish and Game program that supplies steelhead to hatcheries at the Clearwater and Dworshak national hatcheries from anglers who volunteer to turn over their catch. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)