Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Once again, Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ supervisor Brazell abuses the public to please his corporate masters.
Here’s a brief history of his mismanagement.
In November 2010, Brazell released a draft EIS for a project that would transfer ownership of 28 square miles of national forest recreation land to a real estate/logging corporation. In November 2011, Brazell released a supplemental draft EIS that would transfer ownership of 70 square miles. The citizens of north Idaho came unglued. Rather than comply with the will of the public by choosing “No Action,” Brazell waits for a legislative exchange.
In spite of opposition from the Grangeville mayor and Idaho County Commissioners, Brazell made the witless decision in 2013 to harm the Grangeville economy by abandoning the nearly new, multi-million dollar office/warehouse complex for a location out of town.
Now Brazell proposes the Hungry Ridge Timber Sale in the popular Hungry Ridge recreation area. Brazell’s on-line letter indicates 6.6 square miles might be clearcut. Clearcutting shouldn’t occur near recreation areas. Brazell is hiding the actual clearcut acres and location in his on-line sale description.
Please contact Brazell and request this information to be posted on-line. He might comply if scores of citizens show their interest.
Why has Regional Forester Krueger not dealt with Brazell?
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)