Wednesday, March 19, 2014
BOISE -- Teachers and counselors are encouraged to apply to attend the five-day educational “Sustainable Forestry Tour” in North Idaho June 23-27. Space is limited and application deadline is March 31.
The all-expense-paid experience is sponsored by the Idaho Forest Products Commission and other sponsors. Participants will explore Idaho forests, tour a seedling nursery and state-of-the-art production facilities, and interact with people who manage forests and make products people use every day. They’ll also receive proven activities and materials for exploring forest-related topics with their students.
Apply for a spot on the tour at www.idahoforests.org/tour.htm. For information contact Michelle Youngquist, Idaho Forest Products Commission, 334-4061 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Public invited to Oregon Forest Fair on Saturday
- Idaho Community Foundation grant cycle open until Jan. 15
- Oct. 4 deadline apply DEQ funds for sustainable materials management project
- Farm & Forestry Fair: Students get a quick study on Idaho agriculture
- Adams, Koberstein nab honorable mentions in forestry essay contest
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands