Wednesday, March 19, 2014
HARPSTER — Top of the morning to ya…. May you find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Harpster community group has been busy cleaning up the three-mile stretch on Highway 13. A group from the community spent most of the day picking up trash form alongside the road and down by the river. They even had some visiting volunteers who were staying at the RV park. Just doing our part of “keeping Idaho beautiful.” Thank you to all those who worked so hard, great job!
Next scheduled event is, of course, bingo on April 2 at 6:30 p.m. at the Harpster Community Building. We should be back on schedule to have bingo the first Wednesday of every month. Don’t forget to come to the Harpster Community Building Group officer nomination meeting on Wednesday, April 9, at 1 p.m. Plan to attend and nominate your choice for officers. Date for election of officers is still pending.
Esther Morrow has been working very hard to gather additional names to be put on a new sign that pays tribute to Harpster veterans. John Higgins is making the sign for us and everything should be completed by Memorial Day. Thank you, Esther, for all your hard work.
Have a great week and don’t forget Thursday, March 20, is the first day of spring!
More like this story
- Harvests In View
- All wheat, barley, oats stocks stored in Idaho up
- Northwest FCS market Snapshots show strong crops, varied returns
- NASS reporting wheat, barley oats production on July 1 conditions
- Farm Credit Services a helping hand to area farmers, ranchers
- 94 Grangeville swimmers set to compete Saturday
- Harris heading to Jamestown on QB scholarship
- Second deer tags will sell for full price this year
- Sports...in brief
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)