Wednesday, March 5, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — Two Idaho County teens were convicted last month for a series of break-ins and property damage committed last fall in Grangeville.
As part of a plea agreement, Kody A. Davis, 19, of Stites, and Austin J. Wolff, 18, of Grangeville, each pleaded guilty to three misdemeanor counts of malicious injury to property. Additional felony charges of burglary (two counts) and theft by receiving/possession stolen property, all misdemeanors, were dismissed.
At a Feb. 19 hearing, Davis and Wolff were each ordered to pay a total $1,740 in fines and court costs, and also victim restitution in an amount to be determined later. Also 20 days of jail time was ordered with each charge to be served consecutively: 60 days total.
Of this sentence, $900 in fines was suspended each for Davis and Wolff; and of jail time, 60 days was suspended for Davis and 40 days for Wolff. The pair was also placed on probation for 24 months.
Charges resulted from an Oct. 15, 2013, incident in which the pair forced entry into and stole items from the Grangeville Border Days Arena announcer’s stand and Grangeville Elementary Middle School. Also that evening, the pair damaged three vehicles and windows of a building. Grangeville Police Department investigated the case.
Magistrate Judge Jeff Payne presided in these cases, handled by Idaho Deputy Prosecutor Adam Green. Davis was represented by public defender Chris Lamont, and Wolff was represented by attorney Daren Fales.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)