Wednesday, March 5, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — Edith Engbretson will share her family’s journey from Amish to Mennonite at Encouragers Thursday, March 6, at the 11:30 a.m. luncheon at Oscar’s Restaurant in Grangeville.
Engbretson’s husband, Steve, is pastor of a newly- organized Mennonite church, which meets at the Senior Center each Sunday.
Six families moved from Montana last year and established the new church. Members started several new businesses related to the building industry in the area and are active in the local community. Both Amish and Mennonites follow the basic tenants of the Christian faith with different approaches to living their faith in the American secular culture.
The Engbretsons have seven children, with three living at home. Several of their adult children and their families moved here with the group.
Encouragers meets the first Thursday of each month at 101 E. Main with the speaker usually beginning at noon. All women interested in sharing Christian fellowship and hearing about topics related to the Christian walk are invited.
More like this story
- PSA: Grangeville-Salmon Road dust abatement work scheduled Thursday
- Arnzen sets Mt. Misery women’s ultra record
- 24th annual Winchester Open Rodeo set July 2-3
- Lost in the wilds, or finding your way home when the smoke clears
- Most, but not all camping, travel options open
- Sports...in brief
- Friday night rodeo draw looks loaded
- Corral Dust: Rodeo, parades and reunions, oh, my!
- Sarah E. Howell, 75