Wednesday, June 18, 2014
NEZPERCE — Area farmers and ranchers, agri-support personnel, and other interested persons are invited to attend a morning tour of the prairie area grain industry and a hosted breakfast, set for Tuesday, July 1, starting in Nezperce.
Tour topics include spring wheat and barley varieties, pea and lentil varieties, spring canola/rapeseed variety nurseries, winter wheat nurseries, liming and pH, cover crops for the Camas Prairie, and canola production management practices. Speakers will include University of Idaho research and extension personnel and NRCS staff. The tour will conclude by noon.
Participants are asked to pre-register by Wednesday, June 25, by calling the Lewis County Extension Office at 937-2311. The Prairie Area Crop and Conservation Tour will begin with a hosted breakfast at 7 a.m. at the Nezperce Legion Hall, corner of 5th and Maple streets. Participants will board a tour bus at 8 a.m.
Certified Crop Advisor and pesticide applicator credits are applied for. The tour is presented in cooperation with University of Idaho Extension, Lewis County Soil Conservation District, Lewis County Wheat Growers, Idaho/Lewis Crops Extension Advisory Committee, and Idaho County Grain Producers. Sponsors include Bell Equipment Inc., McGregor Company, Primeland Cooperatives, Nezperce Ag, Seeds Inc./Plants of the Wild, Stonebraker McQuary Insurance, St. John’s Hardware & Implement Co. Inc., Columbia Grain and Northwest Farm Credit Services, Cottonwood.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)