Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Idaho’s annual Free Fishing Day falls on June 14 this year. Idaho Fish and Game has invited residents, nonresidents, as well as veteran and novice anglers of all ages to fish anywhere in Idaho without a license. A fishing license is not required for this special day, but all other rules, such as limits and tackle restrictions, remain in effect.
Free fishing day does include salmon fishing; anglers do not need a license or salmon permit, but they are still subject to all bag and possession limits.
IDFG Clearwater Region staff and volunteers will be available at seven locations around the region to help novice anglers learn the basics of fishing.
Contests and activities are planned, and prizes will be awarded during these events. All of these locations will be stocked with hungry hatchery rainbow trout. Look for an event near you and take a kid, friend or neighbor fishing. All events run from 9 a.m. to noon.
Local events will be held in Elk City (Karolyn's Pond), Grangeville (Wilkins Pond) and Kooskia (Fenn Pond, five miles from Lowell on Forest Service Road 223). Others will be held at Lewiston (Mann Lake and Kiwanis Park Pond/Levee Pond), Moscow (Spring Valley Reservoir) and Weippe (Deer Creek Reservoir).
Contact IDFG’s Clearwater Regional office, 799-5010.
More like this story
- Rockwell announces 2018 congressional run
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Bettie's Floor's & Decor
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital Auxilary Thrift Shop
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: State Farm
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Hells Canyon Diesel Power
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Aqua Jet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Klapprich Ag & Auto, Inc.
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Tackett's Saw Service
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Central Idaho Properties
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Baker Truck Service
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)