Wednesday, June 11, 2014
After my letter to the editor last week, I received an e-mail from Mr. Cladouhos showing a prettied up drawing of the proposed new hospital entrance with the question, “How do you feel about this?” My response is still a negative one. A paint job and a few posies do not camouflage poor design. Nor do the proposed changes justify spending around $93,000 on a project that is not needed and which is definitely not an improvement.
Recently, Kim Chenoweth wrote an excellent letter stating her concerns with the helicopter landing site in the lot the hospital recently bought where Ernie’s Steakhouse once stood. I agree with her totally and would like to add one more thought on the subject. The hospital has taken a very valuable piece of property off the city of Grangeville’s tax rolls. This property is much better suited for a business that would enhance the entry into Grangeville as well as add to the income of the city for its many obligations to its citizens.
A third concern I have is the recent loss of so many of the hospital’s best staff members. Why are so many leaving? What is going on at the hospital to cause this exodus?
Thank you to the many people who have favorably commented on my letter in last week’s Free Press.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge