Wednesday, June 11, 2014
After my letter to the editor last week, I received an e-mail from Mr. Cladouhos showing a prettied up drawing of the proposed new hospital entrance with the question, “How do you feel about this?” My response is still a negative one. A paint job and a few posies do not camouflage poor design. Nor do the proposed changes justify spending around $93,000 on a project that is not needed and which is definitely not an improvement.
Recently, Kim Chenoweth wrote an excellent letter stating her concerns with the helicopter landing site in the lot the hospital recently bought where Ernie’s Steakhouse once stood. I agree with her totally and would like to add one more thought on the subject. The hospital has taken a very valuable piece of property off the city of Grangeville’s tax rolls. This property is much better suited for a business that would enhance the entry into Grangeville as well as add to the income of the city for its many obligations to its citizens.
A third concern I have is the recent loss of so many of the hospital’s best staff members. Why are so many leaving? What is going on at the hospital to cause this exodus?
Thank you to the many people who have favorably commented on my letter in last week’s Free Press.
More like this story
- Town hall meeting draws crowd, discussion on hospital renovation
- Syringa to get site selection coordinator estimates for helipad
- Hideous driveway not intended use for Webb funds
- Syringa Hospital concerns discussed; trustees delay Main Street helipad issue until spring
- Cladouhos retires as Syringa CEO; Plans to stay in area
- Bell Equipment, INC
- Little Goose Lock and Dam
- Efficient Winter Feeding: Group and Evaluate
- Equine Therapy with Jessi Guinn
- Camas Farms: a childhood necessity turns into business
- Lindsay Creek Vineyards: destined for growth
- Grain producers far from getting rich
- Tim McNamee: Riding home on a loose rain
- Producer Profile: Clark Tacke
- Homestead Ministries: Minimizing hunger with local resources and volunteers
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)