Wednesday, June 4, 2014
COTTONWOOD — Summit Academy will host its graduation ceremonies Saturday, June 7, 7 p.m. Michael Waters is the class valedictorian and salutatorian is Rachel Frei.
Following graduation, Waters plans on attending the University of Idaho and majoring in biology and following the pre-med route with hopes of one day becoming a doctor.
“I think homeschooling for a few years attributed to my success, as well as my parents helping me achieve success by instilling a good ‘hard work’ ethic in me at a young age,” he said.
This summer, Frei plans to work on the family farm. She will then attend Lewis-Clark State College where she will major in biology.
“My family and friends have helped me achieve my successes. They have always been there for me when I needed them and they have also pushed me to do my best in everything,” Frei said. “I have been so privileged to grow up in such a great household with five older siblings who have always wanted the best for me and have helped me in any way they could. My parents have taught me most everything I know and have been so generous and loving. They have set such great examples for me to follow – I couldn’t ask for better parents.”
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands