Wednesday, June 4, 2014
COTTONWOOD — Summit Academy will host its graduation ceremonies Saturday, June 7, 7 p.m. Michael Waters is the class valedictorian and salutatorian is Rachel Frei.
Following graduation, Waters plans on attending the University of Idaho and majoring in biology and following the pre-med route with hopes of one day becoming a doctor.
“I think homeschooling for a few years attributed to my success, as well as my parents helping me achieve success by instilling a good ‘hard work’ ethic in me at a young age,” he said.
This summer, Frei plans to work on the family farm. She will then attend Lewis-Clark State College where she will major in biology.
“My family and friends have helped me achieve my successes. They have always been there for me when I needed them and they have also pushed me to do my best in everything,” Frei said. “I have been so privileged to grow up in such a great household with five older siblings who have always wanted the best for me and have helped me in any way they could. My parents have taught me most everything I know and have been so generous and loving. They have set such great examples for me to follow – I couldn’t ask for better parents.”
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)