Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Idaho County voter turnout in last month’s elections was 12 percent less than in the 2012 primary.
In the May 20 primary election, voter turnout in Idaho County was 36.68 percent: 3,471 ballots cast out of 9,464 registered voters. In comparison, the 2012 primary saw a 48.89 percent turnout: 4,871 voted out of a total 9,964 registered.
The 2014 Idaho County primary election results were canvassed by the Idaho County Commission last Tuesday, May 27. In local contested races and decisions, results were unchanged:
• Idaho County Treasurer: Deanna Hall, 1,461; Abbie Hudson, 1,604; (Hudson wins GOP primary);
• Sewer revenue bonds: Stites ($750,000) yes, 39; no, 10; - PASS; White Bird ($2.5 million) yes 25; no, 3
• School levies: Cottonwood JSD 242 ($350,000) yes 390; no, 276 – PASS; Salmon River JSD 243 ($545,000) yes 205; no, 123; - PASS; Mountain View SD 244 ($2.663 million) yes, 1,334; no, 1,238; - PASS.
Out of Idaho County’s 28 precincts, the highest voter turnouts were in Slate Creek 1 (73.5 percent), Big Butte (67 percent), Joseph (65 percent), Greencreek (61.6 percent) and Slate Creek 2 (54.3 percent). Lowest voter turnouts were in Riggins (33.4 percent), Keuterville (33.2 percent), Grangeville 1 and 2 (both at 31 percent) and Kamiah (23.1 percent).
Looking ahead to the Nov. 4 general election, Hudson looks to be uncontested in the Idaho County Treasurer race due to withdrawal from the race last week by Democrat opponent Michelle Perdue. However, prospective candidates still have an opportunity to run as Oct. 7 is the deadline for write-in candidates to file.
Also this fall, two seats will be contested on the Idaho County Commission: Dist. 1, R. Skipper “Skip” Brandt (R, incumbent) and George Perry (I), both of Kooskia; and Dist. 2, Mark A. Frei (R), Jerry Zumalt (D) and Matthew Bybee (I), all of Grangeville.
Running uncontested in November (pending write-in candidate filings) are Republican incumbents Kathy Ackerman of Grangeville, Idaho County Clerk; and James Zehner of Grangeville, Idaho County Assessor; and newcomer Cody Funke of Ferdinand, Idaho County Coroner.
For Idaho County results in state, judicial and federal races, go online to the official Idaho County website: www.idahocounty.org .
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)