Wednesday, July 23, 2014
CLEARWATER – Elk City Wagon Road Days celebration saw a large crowd Saturday, July 19, on the Main Street of Clearwater. The actual wagon road trip was held July 20.
Results from the day’s events are as follows:
Parade winners were: Best antique car- Al and Alice Humphrey 100-year-old Model A; best dressed woman- Ana Pauley, 2013 CVRA queen; best dressed man - Bear Claw Skinner, mountain man; best royalty - Hailey Russell, 2014 Kooskia Saddliers queen; best group - Paige Morrow and Kaylee Paige; youngest riders - Marge’s great-great grandkids; oldest rider - Jack Winters, John Deere Model A tractor; judge’s choice - Wes Hardin 1962 Pontiac.
Quilt show winners were: 1st - Becky Spetz, 2nd - Sandy Blankenship and 3rd - Marsha Goodwin.
Raffle winners were: 270 rifle: Bonnie Smith; 10-22 rifle: Sheila Wood; quilt: Nita Lorentz.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge