Wednesday, July 23, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — Summers, Saturdays and the Great Outdoors were made for each other, but the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) came up with JAKES Day just for kids.
This year, the local NWTF chapter, the Camas Prairie Turkey Trackers, will host its sixth JAKES Day event for ages 3-14 on Aug. 9 at the Camas Prairie Bowmens Range south of town on the Grangeville-Salmon Road.
For those ages 8-14, activities include .22 shooting, trap shooting, archery shooting, turkey calling/hunting shoot, survival skills, black powder/muzzleloader shooting, a mountain man demo and lunch.
All events will be run by Idaho Department of Fish and Game officers and qualified hunter education instructors.
Firearms, ammunition and equipment will be provided.
Youth must be accompanied by an adult (or one adult per family) and the fee is $10.
Participation is “first come, first registered” and limited to 60 youth ages 8-14, 15 ages 6-7, and 15 ages 3-5.
Registration forms are available at B&B Bargain (104 E. South St. in Grangeville), Idaho County Title (319 W Main St. in Grangeville), Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union (1606 Lewiston St. in Cottonwood) and Dale’s Sporting Goods (located midway between Kamiah and Kooskia). Register by Aug. 1 to secure T-shirts.
Contact Shawna Theissen at 451-4112, or Kathy Warford at 983-1832, for details.
More like this story
- Lewis County welcomes, says thanks
- Stenzel joins Central Idaho Properties
- Nez Perce Clearwater NF names Rogers as new safety officer
- Food Bank Donation
- It's Your Business: Dr. Lane, Camas Prairie Eye Clinic make move
- NICI inmates hand out presents
- Clearwater Valley News: Clearwater meal site serves lunch twice a month
- Elk City News: Elk herd feeds alongside horses
- Riggins News: Little Salmon River sees ice pilings up to 15 inches thick
- Cottonwood News: VFW breakfast set for community hall Jan. 22
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)