Wednesday, July 2, 2014
A citation is pending following a single vehicle rollover crash last Thursday on U.S. Highway 12 in which a Grangeville man was injured.
Joshua F. Ottowa, 35, was transported by Kamiah Ambulance to Clearwater Valley Hospital (CVH) in Orofino. CVH does not release patient status information. All three occupants of the overturned 2003 Pontiac Grand Am were outside the vehicle just prior to it catching fire.
The incident was reported June 26, 2:22 p.m., two miles east of Kamiah at the intersection with Mill Road, according to an Idaho County Sheriff’s Office (ICSO) report. Bradley J. Pierce 31, of Grangeville, was driving westbound when, according to the report, he fell asleep.
Pierce woke up and found he was off the left hand side of the road where he traveled 237 feet in the ditch before the car hit a bump and went airborne for 63 feet. The Pontiac then overturned and rolled for another 75 feet before coming to rest on its top. During the crash, Ottowa was ejected from the vehicle.
Investigator ICSO Cpl. Carlos Martinez reported on his arrival he found passenger David Johnson, 36, of Kooskia, recovering an item out of the vehicle, which shortly after caught on fire. ICSO Undersheriff Jim Gorges was already on scene, administering aid to Ottowa.
Pierce and Johnson were checked by EMS personnel on scene and not transported for medical attention. Of the three involved, only Ottowa was not wearing a seat belt. A citation is pending against Pierce for driving without privileges.
Kamiah Fire Department responded to the scene for the car fire. Miles Towing provided wrecker services.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands