Friday, January 31, 2014
Cottonwood Butte finally has enough snow to open this weekend; hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 1-2. Cottonwood Butte reports 16 inches (base) and 24 inches (summit).
Snowhaven Ski and Tubing Area will be open 10-4 on Saturday, but will not be open on Super Bowl Sunday. Snowhaven received about three inches of fresh snow on Wednesday and last reported 28 inches at the summit.
As of Friday, the Fish Creek track was set on the main loop, the cutoffs were groomed and the boundary loops and Snowhaven Trail were machine packed. Trails specialist Josh Lattin reported 31 inches at the stick, with 3-5 inches of fresh snow since last week. The Snowhaven trail is "in pretty rough shape," Lattin noted. "No recomendo."
The National Weather Service forecast light to moderate snowfall (1-3 inches) on the Camas Prairie and in the Grangeville area before 10 p.m. Friday evening.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)