Friday, January 31, 2014
Cottonwood Butte finally has enough snow to open this weekend; hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 1-2. Cottonwood Butte reports 16 inches (base) and 24 inches (summit).
Snowhaven Ski and Tubing Area will be open 10-4 on Saturday, but will not be open on Super Bowl Sunday. Snowhaven received about three inches of fresh snow on Wednesday and last reported 28 inches at the summit.
As of Friday, the Fish Creek track was set on the main loop, the cutoffs were groomed and the boundary loops and Snowhaven Trail were machine packed. Trails specialist Josh Lattin reported 31 inches at the stick, with 3-5 inches of fresh snow since last week. The Snowhaven trail is "in pretty rough shape," Lattin noted. "No recomendo."
The National Weather Service forecast light to moderate snowfall (1-3 inches) on the Camas Prairie and in the Grangeville area before 10 p.m. Friday evening.
More like this story
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
- Clearwater Valley News: Becoming a ‘locavore’
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)