Friday, January 31, 2014
Cottonwood Butte finally has enough snow to open this weekend; hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 1-2. Cottonwood Butte reports 16 inches (base) and 24 inches (summit).
Snowhaven Ski and Tubing Area will be open 10-4 on Saturday, but will not be open on Super Bowl Sunday. Snowhaven received about three inches of fresh snow on Wednesday and last reported 28 inches at the summit.
As of Friday, the Fish Creek track was set on the main loop, the cutoffs were groomed and the boundary loops and Snowhaven Trail were machine packed. Trails specialist Josh Lattin reported 31 inches at the stick, with 3-5 inches of fresh snow since last week. The Snowhaven trail is "in pretty rough shape," Lattin noted. "No recomendo."
The National Weather Service forecast light to moderate snowfall (1-3 inches) on the Camas Prairie and in the Grangeville area before 10 p.m. Friday evening.
More like this story
- Taxiway closure starts Tuesday, July 25, at the Idaho County Airport
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)