Friday, January 31, 2014
Cottonwood Butte finally has enough snow to open this weekend; hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 1-2. Cottonwood Butte reports 16 inches (base) and 24 inches (summit).
Snowhaven Ski and Tubing Area will be open 10-4 on Saturday, but will not be open on Super Bowl Sunday. Snowhaven received about three inches of fresh snow on Wednesday and last reported 28 inches at the summit.
As of Friday, the Fish Creek track was set on the main loop, the cutoffs were groomed and the boundary loops and Snowhaven Trail were machine packed. Trails specialist Josh Lattin reported 31 inches at the stick, with 3-5 inches of fresh snow since last week. The Snowhaven trail is "in pretty rough shape," Lattin noted. "No recomendo."
The National Weather Service forecast light to moderate snowfall (1-3 inches) on the Camas Prairie and in the Grangeville area before 10 p.m. Friday evening.
More like this story
- Steelhead anglers catching fish at a three-hour clip
- Hunters asked to report by phone; Internet reporting system remains offline after hack
- CV's District Titleist
- Frei reflects on senior season
- Rams stumble as Whitepine League playoff picture comes into focus
- District champion Savages headed to Bonneville; Pirates run through play-ins, en route to Rigby
- Vengeance a factor as GHS returns to McCall
- Grangeville’s season ends at play-in
- IDFG urges cautious driving after school bus hits cow elk down south
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)