Wednesday, January 29, 2014
A 60-42 road win over third place Genesee last Saturday, Jan. 25, leaves Prairie tied with Lapwai for the Whitepine League lead. With the victory, the Pirates maintained the gain they made with a 64-57 win over the Wildcats on Jan. 17.
Lapwai had stood alone atop the league standings since pulling out a 68-60 win over PHS in December. But with 20 points from Kayla Schumacher, 14 from Kyndahl Ulmer and 11 from Leah Holthaus, Prairie defended its home floor to draw even. Her performance in that win made Schumacher the Lewiston Tribune’s prep athlete of the week.
Then, against Genesee, Schumacher went for a 17-10 double-double as Ulmer scored 25. Genesee led 15-12 after the first, but the Pirates held the Bulldogs under 10 in each subsequent quarter and outscored Genesee 48-27 the rest of the way.
Coming — Prairie (14-3, 9-1 WPL) had two league games remaining as of the Jan. 28 print deadline; the Pirates will host Potlatch for their league finale on Jan. 31 and they’re set to visit non-league Kendrick on Feb 1. PHS hosted Kamiah last Tuesday.
The district tournament is scheduled to run Feb. 5-13 at LCSC.
More like this story
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
- Clearwater Valley News: Becoming a ‘locavore’
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)