Wednesday, January 29, 2014
POLLOCK – A Horseshoe Bend man suffered injuries following a rollover accident at Pollock Monday afternoon, Jan. 28, that blocked U.S. Highway 95 for approximately two hours.
Michael J. Clure, 60, was transported to St. Luke’s McCall Hospital. Patient status was unavailable.
The crash was reported at 1:30 p.m. at milepost 190, five miles south of Riggins, according to Idaho State Police. Clure was driving a Kenworth semi-truck with a loaded log trailer northbound when he drifted off the right edge of the road, sideswiping against the guardrail at the Little Salmon River Bridge. Clure continued across the bridge, pressed up against the guardrail, and when the rail swept to the right the semi-truck followed along. The vehicle then left the rail, angled to the right, and struck the rocky embankment and overturned.
Logs spilled during the accident blocked both lanes on U.S. 95 until an Idaho Transportation Department crew cleared the southbound lane at 3:30 p.m.
ISP Trooper Wally Youngren investigated the crash with assistance from Idaho County Sheriff’s Deputy Chris Williams, Salmon River Rural Fire Department and Riggins Ambulance.
More like this story
- Rockwell announces 2018 congressional run
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Bettie's Floor's & Decor
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital Auxilary Thrift Shop
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: State Farm
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Hells Canyon Diesel Power
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Aqua Jet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Klapprich Ag & Auto, Inc.
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Tackett's Saw Service
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Central Idaho Properties
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Baker Truck Service
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)