Wednesday, January 29, 2014
POLLOCK – A Horseshoe Bend man suffered injuries following a rollover accident at Pollock Monday afternoon, Jan. 28, that blocked U.S. Highway 95 for approximately two hours.
Michael J. Clure, 60, was transported to St. Luke’s McCall Hospital. Patient status was unavailable.
The crash was reported at 1:30 p.m. at milepost 190, five miles south of Riggins, according to Idaho State Police. Clure was driving a Kenworth semi-truck with a loaded log trailer northbound when he drifted off the right edge of the road, sideswiping against the guardrail at the Little Salmon River Bridge. Clure continued across the bridge, pressed up against the guardrail, and when the rail swept to the right the semi-truck followed along. The vehicle then left the rail, angled to the right, and struck the rocky embankment and overturned.
Logs spilled during the accident blocked both lanes on U.S. 95 until an Idaho Transportation Department crew cleared the southbound lane at 3:30 p.m.
ISP Trooper Wally Youngren investigated the crash with assistance from Idaho County Sheriff’s Deputy Chris Williams, Salmon River Rural Fire Department and Riggins Ambulance.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)