Wednesday, January 29, 2014
COTTONWOOD — Feb. 3-7 are the dates for a Hunter Safety Class to be held at Prairie Elementary School. Class will be every afternoon with live firing on Friday. Home School students are welcome to sign up for the class. For information call Eric Wassmuth at 962-2372. This class is an excellent way for kids to get acquainted with firearms and hunting, even if they are not planning to hunt.
St. Mary’s/Holy Cross Parish dinner will be held on Sunday, Feb. 9, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Keuterville Parish Hall. Raffle tickets were handed out last weekend for people to help sell them. They are also looking for people to sign up to work a shift. Sign-up sheets are on the bulletin boards in back of St. Mary’s Church. Help out wherever you can.
Bingo! Come and play bingo Wednesday, Feb. 5, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Cottonwood. For a fun family evening, come and join us from 6:30-8 p.m. Sponsored by the Knights, the cost will be 10 cents per card per game, winner gets the pot. Coffee and lemonade will be provided. The KC’s are encouraging family and community participation, come and enjoy the fellowship.
A group of preschool kids have been enjoying the story time at Prairie Community Library for three weeks now. “Miss Pollyanna” has been entertaining young and old alike with her stories, some of them acted out. If your child missed this fun-filled event, plan to bring them in next week. We promise it will be well worth it, experiencing the fun we are having even with the construction going on. We will be holding our pre-school story time every Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m.
Verso L’Alto Rome Pilgrimage Group is selling red fir mix firewood. The cost is $150 a cord/split; $200 delivered and stacked. Dry or green. Call Megan Rehder at 962-3380 or Josh Lustig at 816-8867 to order. These kids are working hard to go on a trip of a lifetime.
Congratulations to those young children in the Tri-Parish who received the grace of First Reconciliation this past week. Now they are looking forward to First Communion in a few months.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands