Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Jade Helmich, owner-operator of Antler House Media, son of Terrie Helmich of Riggins, helped document a successful trophy elk hunt for an episode of “Outback Outdoors” which aired on the Sportsman Channel last Friday, Jan. 24.
Helmich was running the camera as an unusual scene unfolded:
“We had just been trailing a bull all morning and sat down on the edge of a clearing,” he wrote in a Jan. 27 e-mail. “I was filming him [hunter Adam Wells] as he was saying he didn’t have any idea where the bull went.”
At nearly the same moment, about five minutes after they sat down, a number of cow elk wandered into frame.
Wells’ facial expression said it all.
“I say and point ‘they are right behind you,’ Helmich wrote. “It was pretty cool and funny. One of those things you just can’t script.”
The episode will be televised again at 9 a.m. MT Wednesday, Jan. 29, and can be found in full online at vimeo.com/84095232.
Another episode he edited and helped film, “The Big 8,” documenting a whitetail hunt in Kansas, will air for the first time at 8 p.m. MT on Feb. 7 on the Sportsman Channel.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)