Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Jade Helmich, owner-operator of Antler House Media, son of Terrie Helmich of Riggins, helped document a successful trophy elk hunt for an episode of “Outback Outdoors” which aired on the Sportsman Channel last Friday, Jan. 24.
Helmich was running the camera as an unusual scene unfolded:
“We had just been trailing a bull all morning and sat down on the edge of a clearing,” he wrote in a Jan. 27 e-mail. “I was filming him [hunter Adam Wells] as he was saying he didn’t have any idea where the bull went.”
At nearly the same moment, about five minutes after they sat down, a number of cow elk wandered into frame.
Wells’ facial expression said it all.
“I say and point ‘they are right behind you,’ Helmich wrote. “It was pretty cool and funny. One of those things you just can’t script.”
The episode will be televised again at 9 a.m. MT Wednesday, Jan. 29, and can be found in full online at vimeo.com/84095232.
Another episode he edited and helped film, “The Big 8,” documenting a whitetail hunt in Kansas, will air for the first time at 8 p.m. MT on Feb. 7 on the Sportsman Channel.
More like this story
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Inland Cellular
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Solberg Agency
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Lindsley's Home Furnishings
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: B&B Bargain Store
- Kids experience slacklining
- Sports...in brief
- Shepherd raises S-R pole vault record
- Road win lifts Pirates in Whitepine League chase
- Pirates top WPL standings, busy week ahead
- GHS girls place first at Kootenai Invitational
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)