Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Jade Helmich, owner-operator of Antler House Media, son of Terrie Helmich of Riggins, helped document a successful trophy elk hunt for an episode of “Outback Outdoors” which aired on the Sportsman Channel last Friday, Jan. 24.
Helmich was running the camera as an unusual scene unfolded:
“We had just been trailing a bull all morning and sat down on the edge of a clearing,” he wrote in a Jan. 27 e-mail. “I was filming him [hunter Adam Wells] as he was saying he didn’t have any idea where the bull went.”
At nearly the same moment, about five minutes after they sat down, a number of cow elk wandered into frame.
Wells’ facial expression said it all.
“I say and point ‘they are right behind you,’ Helmich wrote. “It was pretty cool and funny. One of those things you just can’t script.”
The episode will be televised again at 9 a.m. MT Wednesday, Jan. 29, and can be found in full online at vimeo.com/84095232.
Another episode he edited and helped film, “The Big 8,” documenting a whitetail hunt in Kansas, will air for the first time at 8 p.m. MT on Feb. 7 on the Sportsman Channel.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)