Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Jade Helmich, owner-operator of Antler House Media, son of Terrie Helmich of Riggins, helped document a successful trophy elk hunt for an episode of “Outback Outdoors” which aired on the Sportsman Channel last Friday, Jan. 24.
Helmich was running the camera as an unusual scene unfolded:
“We had just been trailing a bull all morning and sat down on the edge of a clearing,” he wrote in a Jan. 27 e-mail. “I was filming him [hunter Adam Wells] as he was saying he didn’t have any idea where the bull went.”
At nearly the same moment, about five minutes after they sat down, a number of cow elk wandered into frame.
Wells’ facial expression said it all.
“I say and point ‘they are right behind you,’ Helmich wrote. “It was pretty cool and funny. One of those things you just can’t script.”
The episode will be televised again at 9 a.m. MT Wednesday, Jan. 29, and can be found in full online at vimeo.com/84095232.
Another episode he edited and helped film, “The Big 8,” documenting a whitetail hunt in Kansas, will air for the first time at 8 p.m. MT on Feb. 7 on the Sportsman Channel.
More like this story
- Pirates outpace Bulldogs in rivalry game
- Two men killed in rollover accident
- THURSDAY: Grangeville girls to play for district title
- WEDNESDAY: Savages to host key league game
- Full service ortho available in Grangeville
- It's Your Business: Partsway to host high school tech night
- Pine tree hosts 60th annual meeting
- WHITE BIRD NEWS: Fireman’s ball set for this Saturday
- Quilts of Valor
- ELK CITY NEWS: Dumpster plans under way for town
Fly fishing clinic
Rae Brothers sporting goods hosts steel head flyfishing clinic with Mark Imus Jan. 30, 2016. Enlarge