Wednesday, January 22, 2014
I attended the Lapwai Community Christmas gathering. The assembly hall was filled to the maximum for the two sessions. I then attended the Kamiah Community Christmas gathering at the Pi Nee Waus. The attendance was about two-thirds of normal for this kind of event, and not one white person who was not a member of a tribal family. Someone could say this lack of attendance was due to poor promotion. But, I live in Grangeville and I became aware of this gathering. And someone has to wonder about the new folks in town: The Nez Perce Clearwater National Forest. Were they issued secret verbal orders not to participate in Nez Perce tribal activities?
More like this story
- Wonnacott setting his pace
- Youth waterfowl, pheasant seasons open soon
- Olsen places second overall at Seaport Invitational
- Salmon River girls win G’ville Tourney
- Passport program a boon for new hunters
- PHS crushes Council; Savages smash Wilder
- Is Idaho County squatchy?
- Bulldogs, Pirates go five sets
- Rams crush Timberline
- McCall QB Knudson’s big plays break Bulldogs; GHS offense to realign
Gonzaga University Concert Choir at Cottonwood, Sept. 2016
The Gonzaga University Concert Choir performed at the Monastery at St. Gertrude at Cottonwood on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. Here is an excerpt from that event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)