Wednesday, January 22, 2014
On a recent hunt in the Riggins area, Tom Sommer, proprietor at Oscar’s Restaurant and Brodock’s Lounge, found a companion for the mounted bear that bears the restaurant’s name. He said this cougar, which he nabbed while hound hunting with a friend, might end up above the front door — overlooking the foyer where Oscar now resides.
It’s on the way to the taxidermist.
More like this story
- Clear Creek fire estimated at 300 acres this morning; 100 on it today
- Private land struck by wildfire; IDL battling season's first significant fire
- Parks to join College of Idaho defensive backfield
- Football opportunity takes Lindsley to C. of I.
- Summer Days Are Fleeting
- Commission to meet Aug. 8 at Boise HQ
- Unbought controlled hunt tags slated for late-August drawing
- Austad is new Ida-Lew ED specialist
- Chapman joins newspaper staff
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)