Wednesday, January 22, 2014
LOWELL/SYRINGA — Written on my iPod from Lewiston because of a family emergency. I never thought in a million years I’d be typing with my thumbs and making reservations for the resort 100 miles away from Lowell. It’s like living on the moon!
Two big news items: The Seahawks won, by the skin of their teeth. Whew, otherwise there would be no joy in Mudville, I mean Lowell, this next coming Super Bowl Sunday. Secondly, Marie Smith, ace reporter, turned 69-years-old, remember 012345! Last year I got a card from Lorraine Smith that sang “I Will Survive.” It still works so I guess if I can survive 68, I can survive 69! No need to send a card this year, Lorraine, this one works just fine! Just like the rest of me.
Miss Martha was helping with my iPod; I was getting frustrated and she said, “Just take it one step at a time Gramma!”
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge