Wednesday, January 22, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – What do villains, magical beings, fighters, a meowing cat and ugly stepsisters all have in common? They all come together to make for an interactive drama.
Grangeville Centennial Library’s Reader Theater will present “The Book” Saturday, Jan. 25, 2 p.m., at Blue Fox Theater. Cost is $1 per person.
“This is a great way to promote literacy and allow for a chance to dip into drama as well as enhance public speaking and presentation skills,” explained librarian Becky Hosman, who wrote the play.
The play brings together two friends in a library who pull books from shelves to realize literary characters from all genres have come to life.
The group started as part of the summer reading program and includes kids from elementary, middle and high school in public, private and home-schooled settings.
“I think this is an amazing program, everyone is doing a good job and Becky is great at organizing us,” said Grangeville Elementary Middle School participant Kara Sanders.
Currently, 15 kids participate in the program. This is the theater’s second performance; after the Jan. 25 presentation the group will resume for the summer and additional students are invited to join. Call Hosman at 983-0951 for details.
Money earned from performances goes toward props, scripts and a party afterwards.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)