Wednesday, January 22, 2014
“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” Thomas Jefferson.
I am a property-owning, taxpaying Idaho County citizen who will be voting “Yes” for the upcoming Kamiah School District levy on March 11.
It is my understanding that this levy could be a make-or-break situation for the Kamiah School District. Without the levy monies to supplement the district, the Kamiah schools could close. Not only would this be a massive disservice to our local children, but our community as well, through the loss of not only our community pride, but Kamiah’s largest single employer.
As a product of the Idaho school levy funding system (Orofino High School class of 1992), I feel compelled to support my local school district. Having gone through the same system, where local taxpayers shouldered the burden of my education, I feel it is my obligation to repay that debt that was “paid forward” for me, helping to further the education of our local school children. All members of local society that have gone through this system, and any that received an education from a taxpayer-based school funding system (military children, neighboring school districts, etc.) are obligated, in my opinion, to repay that debt and pay it forward. Someone helped pay for your education, now it is your responsibility to help today’s school children by voting “yes” on March 11.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)