Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Two area families will be warmer this winter because they each won a cord of firewood in the recent Hope Center Firewood Drawing. Hope Center offices are located in both Grangeville and Kamiah.
The Mike Frei and Carol Lyta families received their cut and split wood, compliments of Hope Center, the Burt Wolfrum family, and Gary Zabel.
All the money raised in the wood drawing will be used by Hope Center to continue offering free parenting and relationship lessons, plus support in crisis pregnancy situations.
In Grangeville, Hope Center is open Mondays 1-5 p.m., Wednesdays and Fridays 1-4 p.m. by appointment or walk-in. Call for information on classes: 983-0093 or 507-1253.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands