Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Salmon River 62, Garden Valley 43
GARDEN VALLEY — Having started a couple of freshmen in lieu of two regular starters in a win over Tri-Valley earlier in the week, Salmon River kept up an unbeaten record in the Long Pin Conference with a 62-43 win over Garden Valley last Saturday, Jan. 18. Leighton Vander Esch scored 44 points for the 10-2 (5-0 league) Savages.
Prairie 63, Genesee 53
COTTONWOOD — Rhett Schlader stepped up with a team-high 20 points last Saturday, Jan. 18, as Prairie ran its record to 10-0 and opened up a two-game lead over Genesee in the Whitepine League standings.
Chiming in with 15 points and 12 points, respectively, were Jake Bruner and Lucas Arnzen.
After an even first quarter, Prairie slowed Genesee’s offense — albeit not enough to strangle a 27-point night for Genesee’s top scorer. Prairie continued to score apace during the middle periods, and carried a 12-point lead to the fourth quarter.
Earlier in the week, the Pirates allowed just five field goals and a couple of foul shots in a lopsided win over Potlatch.
Up next for Prairie are league games at home against Troy (Jan. 24) and Lapwai (Jan. 30); PHS will visit Orofino on Jan. 23.
More like this story
- Chief Lookingglass Pow-Wow is this weekend Event rescheduled from earlier date
- Idaho to add new area code
- Last week for pie at Syringa Cafe
- County authorized for CRP haying, grazing use
- Through the fire: A dome of protection
- Life Chain
- Faith Briefs
- GHS press box expanded: Ruhnke’s senior project praised
- Genesee 60, Clearwater Valley 20: Kick coverage costs Clearwater Valley
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge