Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Salmon River 62, Garden Valley 43
GARDEN VALLEY — Having started a couple of freshmen in lieu of two regular starters in a win over Tri-Valley earlier in the week, Salmon River kept up an unbeaten record in the Long Pin Conference with a 62-43 win over Garden Valley last Saturday, Jan. 18. Leighton Vander Esch scored 44 points for the 10-2 (5-0 league) Savages.
Prairie 63, Genesee 53
COTTONWOOD — Rhett Schlader stepped up with a team-high 20 points last Saturday, Jan. 18, as Prairie ran its record to 10-0 and opened up a two-game lead over Genesee in the Whitepine League standings.
Chiming in with 15 points and 12 points, respectively, were Jake Bruner and Lucas Arnzen.
After an even first quarter, Prairie slowed Genesee’s offense — albeit not enough to strangle a 27-point night for Genesee’s top scorer. Prairie continued to score apace during the middle periods, and carried a 12-point lead to the fourth quarter.
Earlier in the week, the Pirates allowed just five field goals and a couple of foul shots in a lopsided win over Potlatch.
Up next for Prairie are league games at home against Troy (Jan. 24) and Lapwai (Jan. 30); PHS will visit Orofino on Jan. 23.
More like this story
- Joseph Cemetery Receives Scouts Attention
- It's Your Business: Camas Lanes welcomes student bowlers
- People In Action
- In the News: Aug. 31, 2016
- Riggins News: ‘Rattle the Canyon’ with music Sept. 17
- Kooskia / Kamiah News: Museum open at BBQ Days
- White Bird News: Zumwalt raffling two cords of firewood
- Elk City News: ECVFD to host meeting Sept. 1
- Times Past: More Than A Century Of IdahoCounty News
- First-Day Help
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)