Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Commissioner Chmelik receives 2014 Idaho GOP Hall of Fame Award
BOISE — Idaho County Commissioner Jim Chmelik received the Idaho GOP Hall of Fame Award for “Outstanding Elected Official” at the Idaho Republican Party’s annual winter meeting in Boise on Jan. 4. In receiving the award, Chmelik, 53, of Cottonwood, was commended, according to a press release, for his leadership and dedication in traveling all around the state of Idaho to educate citizens of their rights to federally controlled lands.
“I am grateful to be recognized for this effort,” Chmelik stated. “It means so much to me that my party is behind me on this issue. I have so much work ahead of me and I am humbled to know it’s important to the Idaho Republican Party, where my heart is.”
Pending citation for commercial truck driver in Jan. 8 accident
BIG BUTTE — A citation for speed too fast for conditions is pending against commercial truck driver David N. Osborne, 45, of Spokane Valley, Wash., following a Jan. 8 one-vehicle noninjury accident on State Highway 162.
Reported at 4:29 p.m. during snowy conditions, according to an Idaho County Sheriff’s Office (ICSO) report, Osborne was westbound at milepost 12 driving a 2005 Peterbilt semi-tractor hauling a trailer of produce when he lost traction on a right-hand curve. The semi-truck and trailer left the roadway on the right shoulder and began to roll but came to rest on a retaining wall.
The truck is owned by Spokane Produce Inc., of Spokane. ICSO Deputy Gideon Roberts investigated the crash. Dale’s Rescue Towing provided wrecker service.
More like this story
- Snow, rain system Wednesday may cause problems
- Lewis County welcomes, says thanks
- Stenzel joins Central Idaho Properties
- Nez Perce Clearwater NF names Rogers as new safety officer
- Food Bank Donation
- It's Your Business: Dr. Lane, Camas Prairie Eye Clinic make move
- NICI inmates hand out presents
- Clearwater Valley News: Clearwater meal site serves lunch twice a month
- Elk City News: Elk herd feeds alongside horses
- Riggins News: Little Salmon River sees ice pilings up to 15 inches thick
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)