Wednesday, January 15, 2014
The application period for spring black bear controlled hunts opens Jan.15 and continues through Feb. 15.
This year, the spring turkey controlled hunt application period is Feb. 1-March 1.
Spring turkey and spring black bear seasons start April 15, with some controlled hunts opening later. Turkey youth hunts open April 8.
Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor; Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5; or fishandgame.idaho.gov.
The application fee is $6.25 per person for residents and $14.75 for nonresidents. An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2014 Idaho hunting license to apply.
Spring 2014 bear controlled hunt information is in the 2013 Big Game Seasons and Rules book. Spring turkey controlled hunt information will be available at Fish and Game’s website by Feb. 1 and in the 2014-2015 Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Rules book available by mid-February.
Leftover controlled hunt tags for spring turkey and bear controlled hunts go on sale April 1.
More like this story
- Snow, rain system Wednesday may cause problems
- Lewis County welcomes, says thanks
- Stenzel joins Central Idaho Properties
- Nez Perce Clearwater NF names Rogers as new safety officer
- Food Bank Donation
- It's Your Business: Dr. Lane, Camas Prairie Eye Clinic make move
- NICI inmates hand out presents
- Clearwater Valley News: Clearwater meal site serves lunch twice a month
- Elk City News: Elk herd feeds alongside horses
- Riggins News: Little Salmon River sees ice pilings up to 15 inches thick
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)