Wednesday, January 15, 2014
The application period for spring black bear controlled hunts opens Jan.15 and continues through Feb. 15.
This year, the spring turkey controlled hunt application period is Feb. 1-March 1.
Spring turkey and spring black bear seasons start April 15, with some controlled hunts opening later. Turkey youth hunts open April 8.
Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor; Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5; or fishandgame.idaho.gov.
The application fee is $6.25 per person for residents and $14.75 for nonresidents. An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2014 Idaho hunting license to apply.
Spring 2014 bear controlled hunt information is in the 2013 Big Game Seasons and Rules book. Spring turkey controlled hunt information will be available at Fish and Game’s website by Feb. 1 and in the 2014-2015 Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Rules book available by mid-February.
Leftover controlled hunt tags for spring turkey and bear controlled hunts go on sale April 1.
More like this story
- It's on: Grangeville Chili Cookoff 2017
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)