Wednesday, January 15, 2014
The application period for spring black bear controlled hunts opens Jan.15 and continues through Feb. 15.
This year, the spring turkey controlled hunt application period is Feb. 1-March 1.
Spring turkey and spring black bear seasons start April 15, with some controlled hunts opening later. Turkey youth hunts open April 8.
Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor; Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5; or fishandgame.idaho.gov.
The application fee is $6.25 per person for residents and $14.75 for nonresidents. An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2014 Idaho hunting license to apply.
Spring 2014 bear controlled hunt information is in the 2013 Big Game Seasons and Rules book. Spring turkey controlled hunt information will be available at Fish and Game’s website by Feb. 1 and in the 2014-2015 Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Rules book available by mid-February.
Leftover controlled hunt tags for spring turkey and bear controlled hunts go on sale April 1.
More like this story
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
- It's Your Business: Kooskia splash pad to open June 24; Ferdinand clinic gets new veterinarian
- Clearwater Valley News: ‘Christmas in July’ vendors sought
- Elk City News: Library’s summer reading program to begin today
- Lowell / Syringa News: Circus members take to the river
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)