Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The National Weather Service office in Missoula has issued weather alerts for snow tonight (Jan. 8) and high winds by this weekend in the North Central Idaho Region.
Tonight and into Thursday morning, Jan. 9: Snow is expected to impact Elk City, Dixie, U.S. Highway 12 from Lowell to Lolo Pass, the Camas Prairie, Grangeville and vicinity, and U.S. Highway 95 from the White Bird Grade to Riggins. One to three inches is forecast in the valleys, and up to one foot in the mountains.
A high wind watch is in effect from late Friday night through late Saturday night, as the result of an approaching cold front. Forecast are sustained southwest winds of 30 to 59 mph with gusts approaching 60 mph.
Grangeville is expected to see the highest winds with gusts reaching and exceeding 60 mph for a prolonged period.
Overall, areas forecast for wind impact include the Camas Prairie and Grangeville.
More like this story
- Zumwalt tops Orofino tourney
- Boat registrations in the mail
- Lindsley throws C of I record
- Prairie girls throttle short-handed Genesee
- Dreadfulwater’s late three downs Genesee
- Morrow lifts CV
- Sports...in brief
- Over the river and through the woods: St. Mary’s brings care to Elk City
- It's Your Business: Robinson offering tires; credit unions host annual meetings
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)