Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The National Weather Service office in Missoula has issued weather alerts for snow tonight (Jan. 8) and high winds by this weekend in the North Central Idaho Region.
Tonight and into Thursday morning, Jan. 9: Snow is expected to impact Elk City, Dixie, U.S. Highway 12 from Lowell to Lolo Pass, the Camas Prairie, Grangeville and vicinity, and U.S. Highway 95 from the White Bird Grade to Riggins. One to three inches is forecast in the valleys, and up to one foot in the mountains.
A high wind watch is in effect from late Friday night through late Saturday night, as the result of an approaching cold front. Forecast are sustained southwest winds of 30 to 59 mph with gusts approaching 60 mph.
Grangeville is expected to see the highest winds with gusts reaching and exceeding 60 mph for a prolonged period.
Overall, areas forecast for wind impact include the Camas Prairie and Grangeville.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)