Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The National Weather Service office in Missoula has issued weather alerts for snow tonight (Jan. 8) and high winds by this weekend in the North Central Idaho Region.
Tonight and into Thursday morning, Jan. 9: Snow is expected to impact Elk City, Dixie, U.S. Highway 12 from Lowell to Lolo Pass, the Camas Prairie, Grangeville and vicinity, and U.S. Highway 95 from the White Bird Grade to Riggins. One to three inches is forecast in the valleys, and up to one foot in the mountains.
A high wind watch is in effect from late Friday night through late Saturday night, as the result of an approaching cold front. Forecast are sustained southwest winds of 30 to 59 mph with gusts approaching 60 mph.
Grangeville is expected to see the highest winds with gusts reaching and exceeding 60 mph for a prolonged period.
Overall, areas forecast for wind impact include the Camas Prairie and Grangeville.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)