Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The National Weather Service office in Missoula has issued weather alerts for snow tonight (Jan. 8) and high winds by this weekend in the North Central Idaho Region.
Tonight and into Thursday morning, Jan. 9: Snow is expected to impact Elk City, Dixie, U.S. Highway 12 from Lowell to Lolo Pass, the Camas Prairie, Grangeville and vicinity, and U.S. Highway 95 from the White Bird Grade to Riggins. One to three inches is forecast in the valleys, and up to one foot in the mountains.
A high wind watch is in effect from late Friday night through late Saturday night, as the result of an approaching cold front. Forecast are sustained southwest winds of 30 to 59 mph with gusts approaching 60 mph.
Grangeville is expected to see the highest winds with gusts reaching and exceeding 60 mph for a prolonged period.
Overall, areas forecast for wind impact include the Camas Prairie and Grangeville.
More like this story
- No big changes for hunting big game in 2016
- Second tag sales close today
- Fall bird hunts begin Sept. 1
- Ready for some (Thursday night) football?
- Joseph Cemetery Receives Scouts Attention
- It's Your Business: Camas Lanes welcomes student bowlers
- People In Action
- In the News: Aug. 31, 2016
- Riggins News: ‘Rattle the Canyon’ with music Sept. 17
- Kooskia / Kamiah News: Museum open at BBQ Days
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)