Wednesday, January 8, 2014
RIGGINS – A court hearing is pending for Phillip W. Burrell, 52, of Bakersfield, Calif., charged with felony burglary and grand theft in an Aug. 30, 2013, incident at the Cattlemen’s Restaurant in Riggins.
According to court records, Burrell is alleged to have entered the establishment and taken an envelope with cash and checks, which was noticed by an employee who confronted Burrell who put the envelope back. However, an owner inspection of the envelope found approximately $2,306.82 missing, along with a $500 check.
Burrell is currently held in California, pending extradition to Idaho County.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office Corporal Jonny Wilson investigated the case.
More like this story
- Kretschmer sentenced; sentencing set in felony theft
- More charges for McReynolds; Smith also charged in burglary
- Prison time suspended, probation ordered for gold nugget thief
- Area thefts possible factor in boat ramp shooting; Manley faces felony charges
- Turner faces grand theft charge for stealing rifles, handgun from roommate
- Taxiway closure starts Tuesday, July 25, at the Idaho County Airport
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)