Wednesday, January 8, 2014
RIGGINS – A court hearing is pending for Phillip W. Burrell, 52, of Bakersfield, Calif., charged with felony burglary and grand theft in an Aug. 30, 2013, incident at the Cattlemen’s Restaurant in Riggins.
According to court records, Burrell is alleged to have entered the establishment and taken an envelope with cash and checks, which was noticed by an employee who confronted Burrell who put the envelope back. However, an owner inspection of the envelope found approximately $2,306.82 missing, along with a $500 check.
Burrell is currently held in California, pending extradition to Idaho County.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office Corporal Jonny Wilson investigated the case.
More like this story
- Kretschmer sentenced; sentencing set in felony theft
- More charges for McReynolds; Smith also charged in burglary
- Prison time suspended, probation ordered for gold nugget thief
- Turner faces grand theft charge for stealing rifles, handgun from roommate
- Possible new burglary charges pending against White Bird man
- Rhoades Emmanuel Memorial Museum
- Hells Canyon with the Killgores
- Locals mostly two-and-out vs. 3A competition
- Prairie takes girls team title
- 1A Record Falls
- Low chinook returns prompt May 24 closures
- GHS scores 20 at state track meet
- Sports...in brief
- Forest Service campgrounds prepped for Memorial Day rush
Neighborhood Experts: Bettie's Floors -- Carpet
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)