Wednesday, February 19, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Grangeville High School’s Business Professionals of America fared well at recent regional competition. The event was held at the Lewis-Clark State College campus Jan. 24.
Receiving first place in both JANA programming and mobile applications was senior Joey Higgins. Sophomore Hailey Uhlenkott received second place in insurance concepts, fourth place in basic office systems and procedures and fifth place in programming concepts. Senior Abigail Chmelik came in the top 10 in medical office procedures and extemporaneous speech.
A total of 230 students from 13 high schools in Region II participated in the event.
Uhlenkott will be representing Region II as regional vice-president at the state conference, and Higgins will also be going to state competition for a third consecutive time where he will be competing in the events of JAVA Programming and mobile applications.
The state BPA leadership conference will be held in Boise March 6-8. Advisor for BPA is GHS teacher Mr. Bruce Wassmuth.
More like this story
- Taxiway closure starts Tuesday, July 25, at the Idaho County Airport
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)