Wednesday, February 19, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Grangeville High School’s Business Professionals of America fared well at recent regional competition. The event was held at the Lewis-Clark State College campus Jan. 24.
Receiving first place in both JANA programming and mobile applications was senior Joey Higgins. Sophomore Hailey Uhlenkott received second place in insurance concepts, fourth place in basic office systems and procedures and fifth place in programming concepts. Senior Abigail Chmelik came in the top 10 in medical office procedures and extemporaneous speech.
A total of 230 students from 13 high schools in Region II participated in the event.
Uhlenkott will be representing Region II as regional vice-president at the state conference, and Higgins will also be going to state competition for a third consecutive time where he will be competing in the events of JAVA Programming and mobile applications.
The state BPA leadership conference will be held in Boise March 6-8. Advisor for BPA is GHS teacher Mr. Bruce Wassmuth.
More like this story
- TUESDAY: Kludt plays, Kubs win third straight
- MONDAY: Grangeville standouts outstanding in defensive standoff
- FRIDAY: Salmon River works over Sho-Ban
- Ferdinand workshop set Feb. 9 on soil health
- THURSDAY: Grangeville girls' regular season wraps up
- Grangeville Senior Fun Night Raffle Winners 2016
- Burglary suspect arrested at storage units
- WEDNESDAY: Grangeville to host CIL wrestlers
- TUESDAY: GHS tops Orofino
Fly fishing clinic
Rae Brothers sporting goods hosts steel head flyfishing clinic with Mark Imus Jan. 30, 2016. Enlarge