Wednesday, February 19, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Grangeville High School’s Business Professionals of America fared well at recent regional competition. The event was held at the Lewis-Clark State College campus Jan. 24.
Receiving first place in both JANA programming and mobile applications was senior Joey Higgins. Sophomore Hailey Uhlenkott received second place in insurance concepts, fourth place in basic office systems and procedures and fifth place in programming concepts. Senior Abigail Chmelik came in the top 10 in medical office procedures and extemporaneous speech.
A total of 230 students from 13 high schools in Region II participated in the event.
Uhlenkott will be representing Region II as regional vice-president at the state conference, and Higgins will also be going to state competition for a third consecutive time where he will be competing in the events of JAVA Programming and mobile applications.
The state BPA leadership conference will be held in Boise March 6-8. Advisor for BPA is GHS teacher Mr. Bruce Wassmuth.
More like this story
- Zumwalt tops Orofino tourney
- Boat registrations in the mail
- Lindsley throws C of I record
- Prairie girls throttle short-handed Genesee
- Dreadfulwater’s late three downs Genesee
- Morrow lifts CV
- Sports...in brief
- Over the river and through the woods: St. Mary’s brings care to Elk City
- It's Your Business: Robinson offering tires; credit unions host annual meetings
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)