Wednesday, February 19, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Grangeville High School’s Business Professionals of America fared well at recent regional competition. The event was held at the Lewis-Clark State College campus Jan. 24.
Receiving first place in both JANA programming and mobile applications was senior Joey Higgins. Sophomore Hailey Uhlenkott received second place in insurance concepts, fourth place in basic office systems and procedures and fifth place in programming concepts. Senior Abigail Chmelik came in the top 10 in medical office procedures and extemporaneous speech.
A total of 230 students from 13 high schools in Region II participated in the event.
Uhlenkott will be representing Region II as regional vice-president at the state conference, and Higgins will also be going to state competition for a third consecutive time where he will be competing in the events of JAVA Programming and mobile applications.
The state BPA leadership conference will be held in Boise March 6-8. Advisor for BPA is GHS teacher Mr. Bruce Wassmuth.
More like this story
- Slides, debris result in closures on county, USFS roads
- Higgins to return to Kamiah as superintendent
- Community walks start April 1
- Lt. Governor declares Idaho, Lewis counties in state of emergency
- Runoff from heavy rains fill pool at Jerry Johnson rec site
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- CIAA celebrates founding member Eddie Olson
- Good legislative effort continues for sexual assault victims
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)